"Courage is contagious, every time we choose courage we make everyone around us a little better, and the world a little braver."
~ Brené Brown ~
ABOUT THIS MODULE
Welcome to your personal Courage Kit.
It's time to step up, step out, and step into your Remarkable Life.
The journey of courage is most famously shown by Dorothy in The Wizard of Oz. What she discovers, is that all she ever needed to find her way home, was her own courage. And as the Good Witch reminded her "You've always had the power."
You have always had the power too.
You're beginning to discover your power through your Inner Observer becoming more conscious, more aware of who you are, of what your values and strengths are, of what's important to you, and of how you respond to life.
Your curiosity and imagination are helping you explore who you want to be, and why you're here, and how you could choose and respond differently.
Now it's time to take action, to be and do something different. Your next 30 day challenge is waiting.
"Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage."
~ Anaïs Nin ~
You are the author of your remarkable life. Every moment is a blank page waiting for you to write it, fresh and new.
Life is a marathon, not a sprint. The longest journey starts with a single step. Start small, make incremental changes, using tweaks and nudges. Look up and forward every now and again, but keep your mind and self in the here and now, on who and where you are now, stay present.
Stay mindful, and find the joy in every little action you take your life. When you do, you'll find yourself with more personal presence and confidence, working more productively, building better relationships, and living more vibrantly.
Keep journaling every day, put that Inner Observer to work and reflect on new and old thoughts, feelings, actions and beliefs.
Here are some prompts to support your courageous journaling.
Your entries can be as short or long as you like. The prompts are there to help you think differently, to debrief, to record ideas and to plan.
After each of the exercises and practices try writing how you feel, and what you think. Or answer some of these questions:
- Who are the five people I spend the most time with? Do they support me stepping courageously into my remarkable life?
- How can I be remarkable today? How was I remarkable today?
- How did I walk my talk today? Was there a moment when I was courageous, bold, adventurous, daring, gutsy, tenacious, tough, fearless, resolute, strong, valiant?
- What stopped me from taking a chance to be, think, do or feel differently today?
- Am I on track with My Life Plan actions? If yes, yeeha, how do I feel about that? If no, what's holding me back? How can I change that?
Complete each exercise
Try each practice
Use the prompts to help you reflect
Browse more things to watch, read, listen to, and explore
The Four Tendencies
Go to this link HERE, and complete Gretchen Rubin's Quiz on the Four Tendencies. The short report will help you understand the best way for YOU to make or break a habit, so that you can take that next courageous step.
- My Life Plan
Create a plan of actions that will move you towards your dream goal, your remarkable future self. And take the first courageous step.
- 50 Acts of Courage
Build your courage muscle by trying one of these acts every day. Or choose one act and repeat it every day for 30 days.
- Vertical Core Meditation
Read the overview first, then gather your journal and pen, find your quiet spot, and play the meditation. As soon as it is complete, journal what you noticed.
- Radiant Glow
After you've practices the Vertical Core meditation a few times, listen to this practice and add it to your meditation. Journal what you noticed.
This is another important step in developing your personal presence and confidence.
Try this practice in lots of different rooms and spaces. Practice this when you are presenting to a group, or simply when you are meeting other people.
- Autumn Afternoon
Stop. Breathe. Give yourself 4 minutes to listen, meditate, relax, reflect - everyday - for the next 14 days.
Module 3 Webinar
Watch this for more information around the content of Module 3
If you'd like to read, see, hear or explore more about courage, pick something from the resources here.
These resources are not mandatory, they're for you to explore - or not... Let us know if you have another favourite you'd like to share.
- Daring Greatly: How the Courage to be Vulnerable Transforms the Way We Live, Love, Parent, and Lead by Brené Brown
- Presence: Bringing your Boldest Self to your Biggest Challenges by Amy Cuddy
- The Happiness Track: How to apply the science of happiness to accelerate your success by Emma Seppälä
- Dying to be Me: My journey from cancer, to near death, to true healing by Anita Moorjani
- Courage: The heart and spirit of every woman, reclaiming the forgotten virtue by Sandra Ford Walston
- Brené Brown - The power of vulnerability (20:19 mins)
- Amy Cuddy - Your body language shapes who you are (21:02 mins)
- Ash Beckham - We're all hiding something. Let's find the courage to open up (9:22 mins)
- Emma Seppälä - Breathing happiness (9:58 mins)
- Brendon Burchard - How to Start a Dream (even when you're scared) (9:38 mins)
- Brendon Burchard - How NOT to Set Goals (Why S.M.A.R.T. goals are lame) (12:32 mins)
- Derek Sivers - First Follower: Leadership Lessons from Dancing Guy (2:58 mins)