"Surround yourself with the dreamers and the doers, the believers and the thinkers, but most of all surround yourself with those who see the greatness within you - even if you don't see it yourself."
~ Edmund Lee ~
ABOUT THIS MODULE
It's time to connect to all of you: values, strengths, stories and purpose
You've been paying attention, you've uncovered and rediscovered a whole lot of things about yourself, and your life.
You've been finding things that connect you, things and ways of being that resonate deeply. Connecting to your light and darkness, starting to reconnect all the lost parts of yourself. Connecting with your spouse, partner and children, and connecting with people who are also paying attention, finding their way to a more remarkable life.
It's often at this point you begin to realise that all your joy, all your success is intimately based on how you build and interact in relationship with yourself and others—body, mind and soul.
And you also start to see that life is not either or—it's everything.
Getting connected is making the steps to be what you value, to live with your joys and strengths, to be the best version of yourself. It's taking a different and deeper connection to all the relationships you have; more compassion, more patience, more understanding, more creativity, and more love.
This makes such a difference in all aspects of your life.
Stay true to yourself, your values, your work in the world.
"Just be who you are. Be as you as you can be because that is why you are here. That is why you have come here—to express your magnificence... Shine your light as brightly as you can. Don't deprive the universe or the world of who you came here to be... and that is your only purpose."
~ Anita Moorjani ~
Go gently with yourself!
Here are some journal prompts to help you join the dots, to connect to your remarkable self.
Your entries can be as short or as long as you like. The prompts are there to help you get started, and to keep you connecting to what's important, to what matters. After each of the exercises, try writing how you feel, and what you think.
Or answer some of these questions:
- When was the last time you really felt connected - to life, to your purpose, to your big why? How connected do you feel right now?
- Who are your most important relationships with? Do you take these people for granted sometimes, or perhaps all the time? When was the last time you told them how important they were to you?
- Look at the five people you spend the most time with. Do they support you changing, becoming more remarkable, following your dreams? Do they inspire you or encourage you? Do they really know you? Do you let them see the real you?
- Write a list (one per line) of all the friends you have in your life, including old school friends, friends from work, sport or who share your hobbies. Now beside each name write whether they are old friends, maintenance friends or growth friends. Old friends - dated, stale, you may no longer keep in contact and while the memories are good, you can let them go. Maintenance friends - you appreciate having them in your life and you'll keep up with them from time to time. Growth friends - friends you do (or will) actively engage with, grow with and energise your life with. What are you going to do with the list? (Read Brendon Burchard's The Charge for some ideas.)
- How is your relationship with yourself? Do you know who you are? Finish this sentence - I am...
Complete each exercise
Try each practice
Use the prompts to help you reflect
Browse more things to watch, read, listen to, and explore
- Listen to My Inner Voice
This exercise is a challenge and a reflection. It will help you begin to connect some of the dots in your journaling.
You'll need a quiet space, your journal and pen.
- A Letter to My Remarkable Present Self
You know the drill. A quiet place, some sheets of paper and a pen.
- The M Power March
Connecting body, mind and goal. Choose a goal from your Life Plan, or a belief you want to change that you've discovered from your Inner Voice and try this practice for 14 days.
Take 5 minutes to listen and do this exercise. Get your journal ready to jot down anything that comes up.
Module 6 Webinar
Watch this for more information around the content of Module 6
If you'd like to read, see or listen to more about being and becoming more connected, check out some of my favourite resources here.
These resources are for you to explore - or not... Let us know if you have another favourite you'd like to share.
- Dying to be Me by Anita Moorjani
- Better than Before by Gretchin Rubin
- Connect to Thrive by Emma Seppälä (in Psychology Today)
- The Heroine's Journey by Maureen Murdock
- The Spiritual Dimension of the Enneagram by Sandra Maitri
- Emotional Intelligence 2.0 by Travis Bradberry & Jean Greaves
- The Charge: Activating the 10 human drives that make you feel alive by Brendon Burchard
- Thrive: The Third Metric to Redefining Success and Creating a Happier Life by Ariana Huffington
- Be yourself - everyone else is already taken by Mike Robbins
- The Celestine Prophecy by James Redfield
- Writing down your Soul by Janet Conner
- Women Who Run with the Wolves by Clarissa Pinkola Estes
- Sherry Turkle - Connected, but alone (19:48 mins)
- Marina Abramovic - An art made of trust, vulnerability and connection (15:51 mins)
- Thandie Newton - Embracing otherness, embracing myself (13:55 mins)
- Brene Brown - The power of vulnerability (20:19 mins) again
- Brendon Burchard - Caged, Comfortable or Charged: Which Life is Yours? (9:40 mins)
- Eve Ensler - Suddenly my body (12:58 mins)